Hey. Long time no update. School has been out for three joyous weeks. Here’s what I have been up to:
- I have been to the beach five fabulous times.
- I have driven everywhere worth driving too.
- I have consumed an ungodly amount of junkfood and probably am more at risk for diabetes/high blood pressure/being fed through a tube than any almost 17 year old should be.
- Still no job, though I did try. Just intentionally not very hard.
- Sorta haven’t ran much at all…clearly I am a fantastic role model being a cross country Captain for this upcoming season and all.
- I BOUGHT A SURFBOARD!!!!!!!!
Things have been pretty exciting recently, ya’ know, late night trips to Steak & Shake and such. I am so excited for my surfboard I can’t even explain. It’s red. And 6 feet long. And foam. Cause I’m a wimp, and the man at this surf shop convinced me I would be incapable of learning on a legit board, so instead I will look like a loser newbie tourist who can’t use a real board and has to use a padded one. This does not hinder my excitement. What does though is watching “Surfer attacked by shark” videos on YouTube. I do not advise it.
I am not one to be afraid of sharks, I was that kid who enjoyed swimming out too far as a child and the ocean does not scare me. But those videos and movies like Jaws and Soul Surfer are SCARY STUFF. Not to mention Florida is the freaking shark attack capital of the world. So that’s pretty freaky. But at most the sharks will just take a bite, be like “no way man you taste like fast food” and continue on their way. That unfortunately isn’t enough of a consolation to leave me feeling perfectly safe.
It is more probable that I will get in a car accident on the way to the beach (this is even more probable because honestly I am not the safest new driver), than get bitten by a shark, so I shall surf anyway.